Sunday, January 30, 2011

Crunch Time!

Because of the time I took off during the holidays (which I don't regret), and the unexpected amount of time it's taken to come up with a workable outline for the seventh Goddess Girls book, Joan and I will only have about two months to complete the story. Yikes! Normally, I don't mind deadlines, but only if they're generous enough that I can pace myself.  Even in college I was never one to wait until the last minute to study for a test, and then cram till the wee hours of the morning. I won't do that to finish this book, either, but I may wind up having to give up some weekends as well as the weekdays. What I won't give up is time each day for the things that keep me healthy and sane--time to write in my journal (yes, I still keep an old-fashioned paper and ink journal), time to exercise (step and yoga and walking), time to read for enjoyment, and time with family and friends. Oh yes, and chocolate.

What won't you give up even when your life becomes busier than you'd like?

No comments: