Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Looking for Sound and Trustworthy Financial Advice?

The financial scandals of late have soured many of us on financial advisors, banks, and investing in general. That's unfortunate because saving and investing are important if you ever hope to pay for your children's college education, become a fulltime writer, or eventually retire. For sound and trustworthy advice, check out my son's blog: Words of Ward. There you will find a wealth (pun intended) of information on all kinds of topics related to money management.

Allow me to brag a little. My son is a guy who practices what he preaches. He has always been a saver and prudent investor, as well as a generous giver to several charities. In ten short years he's managed to build a retirement nest egg that would be the envy of many people twice his age.

As I remember, he was savvy about money even at an early age. For example, I recall one occasion--he must have been about ten years old--when he wanted me to pay for something he wanted, probably a set of legos or a Masters of the Universe action figure:

Me: Why should I pay for that?

Ward: Because then I can save my money. It's called smart shopping, Mom!

Seriously though, my son has been responsible for his own smart shopping for a very long time. He can help you to become a "smart shopper" too.

Ward's birthday is tomorrow: April 15th. Doesn't that seem like a fitting birthday for someone with a special interest in money management?

Have you filed your taxes yet?

No comments: