Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Favorite Childhood Fiction Series


Goddess Girls (co-written with Joan Holub) pubs on April 6th. This will be my fifth fiction series for children. As the pub date nears, I've been thinking more and more about the joys of series books, and hoping, of course, that readers are going to love Joan's and my new series.

Series have been beloved by children for ages. It's comforting to be able to sink down into the world of your favorite characters time and time again. I devoured series fiction when I was a child. Here is a list of the series I most remember reading:

Mary Poppins
Pippi Longstocking
The Bobbsey Twins
The Moffats
Trixie Belden
Nancy Drew

I suspect that for many readers born after 1980, the Harry Potter books will top their list of favorite childhood fiction series. What series did you read as a child?

1 comment:

Joan Holub said...

Your FIFTH series? That's amazing, Suzanne. Congrats.

I was a big fan of Trixie, Mary P, Pippi, and Nancy D, but never tried the Bobbseys or the Moffats. I'll have to take a look at them. And H. Potter. I haven't read it, and I should. So many books, so little time.

Thanks for a great post.

xoxo

~ Joan