Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What I'm Working on Now

Just sent a revision of a chapter book mystery series proposal to my agent, Liza Voges of Eden Street LLC. I first wrote "Book #1" in 2003. It circulated for a couple of years, but there were too many mysteries on the market then, and it never sold. I'm hoping the demand for mysteries has picked up. I'd gotten some nice comments from editors and some good suggestions for revision, too. The suggestions helped guide my revision. It's much easier to see a story with fresh eyes when it's been sitting a while--in this case, five years!

My Goddess Girls co-author, Joan Holub, and I are also working on proposals for a couple of new series that we'd like to write together. Our first two GG books debut April 6th, and we're hoping to put together a blog tour that first week of April. If anyone reading this has a blog that would be interested in being a "stop" on our tour, please let us know! Our editor has agreed to supply a giveaway book to each host blog.

Besides the above, I'm beginning to think about and gather ideas for the next draft of the middle grade novel I'm writing that's set on the Oregon coast. And I'm finalizing arrangements for a multi-city trip in March to speak at a Children's Literature Festival in Warrensburg, Missouri, three schools in Omaha, NE, and a school library conference in Charleston, SC. Should be fun!

No comments: