Saturday, November 14, 2009

Catching Up


I only did ONE post last month. Pathetic! Must do better than that, though I don't think I'll ever be able to manage the nearly daily entries that some writers do. (Confession: I still keep a daily hand-written journal. However, trust me, you wouldn't want to read it. It's mostly boring, everyday stuff.) At any rate, I'll try to aim for one new blog entry per week in future.

Since my last post--over a month ago--I've been steadily logging in the writing hours on the contemporary middle grade novel I'm setting on the Oregon Coast. I'm maybe half to two-thirds of the way through a first draft. I gave myself a deadline to finish that first draft by Thanksgiving, but I've moved that out a bit because of revisions on the last book in Joan Holub's and my "Goddess Girl" series. (The first two books debut in April.) Still hope to finish a first draft of (tentatively-titled) "Just Olive" before Christmas though. We'll see.

In addition to my usual writing, my husband and I also spent a lovely week in the Palm Springs area house and pet sitting for my brother-in-law and his wife.

All for now!

P.S. Picture on this post is the book cover for Goddess Girls #3. Title of the book was "Aphrodite the Beautiful" originally, but that was too long to fit, so we shortened to "Aphrodite the Beauty." I like the new title better, anyway.

No comments: