Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Fever


My husband and I just got back from four days in the Palm Springs area, visiting my husband's brother and my sister-in-law. It was nice to get out of the rain and cold in Seattle, though today it's supposed to be mid-sixties, and tomorrow may even reach into the seventies. Roll on, spring! Whenever the weather turns nice for a couple of days, it's easy to be lulled into thinking it will continue that way. But this year, I resolve not to be fooled! I will take advantage of those sunny April/May days and get outside to enjoy them before the showers start in again.

"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" ~Mark Twain

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hullo fair Suzanne - It does feel so comfy here. And it looks beautiful too. One of our many similarities is the love of good quotes. Whether pithy or meandering, meaning is all. I enjoyed reading about your trip... all my comments already made in person (well, by ol' fashioned telephone); mind wiped clean with Brain Wipes tm. Next time I shall save something out for here.