Monday, April 27, 2009

My parents' 60th wedding anniversary

My parents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary a little over a month ago, on March 20th. That's quite an achievement I think, and I'm very proud of them. They've stuck it out through good times and bad--but mostly good, as far as I know!

I see their long-standing relationship as a good role model for me, and I hope to follow in their footsteps. My husband Mark and I still have a way to go to hit the 60 year mark, but already we're more than halfway there.

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
--Mignon McLaughlin
(alas, I have no idea who this person is, but I assume he's not a steak)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hi Suzanne. Congratulations! It is truly a remarkable milestone. Two lovelier people who belong together I've never met, except, as you say... you and your lineage forward too, I expect, providing that beautiful example yourselves... How to live together and have your own space and interests as well. Two pillars, standing as individuals, holding up the same roof together. Please give my love.... yeah, sure. And I like the steak joke - almost missed out!