Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Hawaiian Family (Not!)


I love this family photo. It makes me laugh. Only my mother and youngest sister Nancy actually traveled to Hawaii when I was young. They were invited along when my grandmother went on vacation to Maui in the mid-sixties. The photo was taken after their return home, against a bamboo screen in our backyard. I don't know why I'm the only child smiling. My brother looks like he's in pain, and my sister Becky looks like she's doing a good imitation of Christina Ricci in her role as Wednesday in The Addams Family Movie. Perhaps she's glowering because she didn't get a cool (fake) grass skirt like the one I'm wearing. I loved that grass skirt. I wonder what happened to it. It probably disappeared to the same place as those wonderful glasses my mom is wearing. Ah, memories...

No comments: