Sunday, January 11, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog

Well, obviously I've decided in the affirmative. But like many of you, I'm guessing, I feel like I have no business doing this. I've kept a paper and pen journal for years and years, and I'm wondering if I'll be able to keep up with that in addition to this. Besides, there's my "real" writing to do--my writing for children. And then there's the daily round of life itself: preparing meals, running errands, walking the dog, READING, talking to friends, emailing (my #1 favorite form of procrastination), etc. Egads, what a whiner I am. I'm sure I don't have half the commitments that some of you have. After all, my two children are grown. (No grandchildren yet, but my son just got married in August, so there's definitely hope for the future.) But I'm meandering. When I brainstormed ideas for topics I could blog about, here are some I came up with: Money Matters (posts on the business side of writing, including how I decided the time was ripe to quit my day job); School Visits (I've been on both sides of the "aisle" as a librarian hosting authors AND as an author doing the visiting); general advice on how to get started writing for children; stuff about my books, and the books I'm currently reading. If you've stumbled upon my blog and would care to comment, please let me know what topics might interest you!

2 comments:

Mark Williams said...

Looks like a good start!

Adnan Hafiz said...

After reading your blog I got a curicity to read all of your books and i think it will be happend soon.